As first reported in the 2017 Global Wellness Economy Monitor, Wellness Lifestyle Real Estate represents approximately USD $119B of the USD $3.7T global wellness economy. This rapidly growing sector has historically included residential, hospitality, and mixed-use real-estate developments with wellness-related facilities and services incorporated into their planning, design, and programming.
The purpose of this study is to foster the effective future growth and development of this sector by:
- Defining what constitutes “wellness communities” and “wellness lifestyle real estate;”
- Articulating the defining characteristics and key elements;
- Probing the global demographic and consumer trends driving the growing demand for this market;
- Identifying case studies and innovative practices around the world; and
- Developing a KPI framework to communicate the value and wellness impacts to potential consumers, investors, developers, and policymakers.
7 Future Trends Driving Development:
- Blurring the lines between home, work, and leisure
- Making healthy homes affordable
- Bringing back multigenerational and diverse neighborhoods
- Catalyzing medical industry clusters and health services to build wellness communities
- Moving from green to regenerative living
- Leveraging technologies to create smart-healthy homes and cities
- Rediscovering hot springs as a wellness living anchor