The aims of this review are to:
1. Examine the literature on research-into-policy and identify recent developments in research supply, policy demand and the research–policy environment overall, in Australia and internationally
2. Review best practice research-into-policy activities in a range of policy-influencing organisations identified by project participants:
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia
- Grattan Institute, Australia
- Institute for Social Science Research (ISSR), Policy cluster, University of Queensland, Australia
- National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility (NCCARF), Australia
- Ouranos (Consortium on Regional Climatology and Adaptation to Climate Change), Canada
- Overseas Development Institute (ODI), United Kingdom.
3. Develop a work in progress to inform the next stages of the Research–Policy Project and to provide project participants with knowledge about concepts and practice in this space.