The aim of the project is two-fold:
• to explore the issues relating to the settlement of African Australians into the Australian community from a human rights perspective
• to suggest solutions to issues raised and make recommendations to stakeholders to inform future policy, program and service design as well as public debate and education.
This Discussion paper will:
• provide background to the project African Australians: A report on human rights and social inclusion issues
• explain the aim and focus of the project
• provide a ‘Content for consideration’ section which expands upon the areas of focus for the project by specifying themes and listing questions as a guide for participants
• explain the project methodology and provide information on the project partners, governance and consultants
• outline the project outcomes
• provide additional information in two appendices
• provide information on how to make a submission to the project.