One of the key recommendations in this report is that the Australian government should investigate ways to further recognise the many contributions of diaspora communities to Australia. Multicultural policy statements should reinforce the recognition and celebration of the contribution of diaspora communities to Australia.
The report consists of six chapters:
- Chapter 1 outlines the conduct of the inquiry and some background information;
- Chapter 2 covers support available for diaspora communities;
- Chapter 3 details safety concerns;
- Chapter 4 covers barriers to full participation in Australia's democratic and social institutions;
- Chapter 5 examines opportunities to strengthen communication and partnerships with government;
- Chapter 6 details the committee’s conclusions and recommendations.