Pathways to industrial decarbonisation
Positioning Australian industry to prosper in a net zero global economy
Kylie Turner, Anna Malos
PublisherEnergy transition Decarbonisation Job creation Climate change mitigation Paris Agreement Emissions reduction Carbon emissions Regulatory standards Government regulatory policy Australia
|Pathways to industrial decarbonisation||7.18 MB|
This report outlines a decarbonisation pathway that shows it is possible for five of Australia's most significant heavy industry supply chains to transition to net zero, consistent with global efforts to limit warming to 1.5ºC.
Produced in collaboration with companies representing around a fifth of Australia’s industrial emissions and a third of the ASX100 market value, the report finds strong, effective and coordinated action from government, industry and finance is crucial for the net zero transition.
It identifies five objectives to enable heavy industry to transition to net zero emissions consistent with global efforts to limit warming to 1.5ºC. They are for Australia to:
- Set a strong, clear, enduring framework with a net zero emissions goal to align industry, finance and government
- Transition to the large-scale, cost-competitive, renewable energy system of the future
- Accelerate development and demonstration of the emerging technologies needed
- Drive deployment of low-carbon solutions, reduce barriers and support investment towards the transition
- Develop integrated net zero emissions industrial regions, supply chains and energy network solutions
Australian Industry Energy Transitions Initiative 2023
Access Rights Type:
20 Feb 2023