The 2013 Australian School Library Survey, conducted by Softlink on behalf of the Australian School Library industry, examines key trends and issues impacting school libraries. Key analysis includes annual school library budgets, staffing levels in Australian school libraries and the relationship of budgets and staffing level to academic achievement and literacy.
Since 2010, the annual survey has identified positive links between student achievement and well-resourced libraries. The results help to advocate the role of school libraries and teacher librarians to education decision makers as well as through industry associations and networks.
Softlink thanks the 800+ schools that participated in this year’s survey. The online survey consisted of 42 questions covering the following topics:
- About your school, including location, education segment and size
- Your library and school’s objectives
- How school libraries are resourced – budgets and staffing
- The role of the library within the school community
- Library trends and emerging issues – eBooks, digital devices and accessibility
- Library industry and professional development
- Viewpoints on opportunities and challenges for the next 12 months
NB to download this report a free registration is required on the publisher's site