Before WW2, New Zealand was among the most egalitarian nations on earth, but recent OECD stats suggest that its once narrow gap is widening so fast, it’s now ranked second from the bottom. But in contrast to its early years as a largely white, Anglo-centric culture, today 213 different ethnic groups call New Zealand home. This one hour special is a retrospective look at the vast cultural, political and demographic changes in New Zealand over the past 60 years.
- Jenny Carlyon, Historian and author
- Diana Morrow, Historian and author, former historian with the Waitangi Tribunal
- Title: Changing Times: New Zealand Since 1945
- Authors: Dr Diana Morrow and Dr Jenny Carlyon
- Publisher: Auckland University Press