Every year, the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) publishes Education at a Glance (EAG), a set of indicators that compares the education systems of 35 member countries, and other participating partner countries. The indicators in Education at a Glance are considered to "reflect a consensus among professionals on how to measure the current state of education internationally", and are a key reference for assessing New Zealand's education system in an international context.
This is the 24th edition of Education at a Glance. This year’s report reflects 2015 data on educational attainment and labour market outcomes, and 2014 data for other non-financial indicators. Financial indicators are for 2013 data (which for New Zealand is the 2013/2014 financial year). The report includes over 300 country comparison tables and graphs covering 28 education system indicators including:
- Educational attainment in the population
- Participation and achievement
- Expenditure on education
- Transitions from school to work
- Employment and earnings, and returns on educational investment
- Education and social outcomes
- International education
- Teachers: teacher-student ratios, salaries, working time, and demographics, and school leaders
- Student financial support and tertiary tuition fees
- How early childhood systems differ around the world
- Adult learning.