The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet safeguards the integrity of government decision-making by providing high-quality support to the Prime Minister, the Cabinet and the Governor-General.
Our diverse work, over the next four years of this plan, includes legal policy and governance advice, and operational, logistical and communications support for the work of the Prime Minister and portfolio ministers.
Key focus areas:
- Providing high-quality expert advice to the Prime Minister on governance and legal policy matters.
- Supporting the integrity and effectiveness of Government decision making by providing high-quality support to the Prime Minister, the Cabinet and the Governor-General.
- Advancing Australia’s interests through effective and well-executed programs for the Prime Minister’s overseas engagements and for incoming visits by Heads of State and Government.
- Advising the Government and informing the community about Australian honours and symbols, honouring dignitaries for their contribution to Australia with State Funerals and Memorial Services, and maintaining the Official Residences for future generations of Australians.
- Providing communications support for the Prime Minister and for Government programs so that Australians understand what is being delivered, how they benefit and how to access services.