The report provides a summary of the opportunities to reduce biological greenhouse gas emissions from New Zealand agriculture and the costs and benefits of these opportunities and any barriers to their use. The research covers these themes:
- Climate change, and farmer decision making
- Potential for mitigating emissions
- Estimating biological emissions from agriculture
- Possible implications of changing land use
- The costs and barriers of potential policy options
Each of the full background research reports is available on the Minister for Primary Industries website.