The World Happiness Report is a landmark survey of the state of global happiness. The World Happiness Report 2018 ranks 156 countries by their happiness levels, and 117 countries by the happiness of their immigrants. The main focus of this year’s report, in addition to its usual ranking of the levels and changes in happiness around the world, is on migration within and between countries.
John F. Helliwell, Richard Layard, and Jeffrey D. Sachs
Chapters and their authors:
- Chapter 1: International Migration and World Happiness
Authors: John F. Helliwell, Richard Layard, Jeffrey D. Sachs
- Chapter 2: Do International Migrants Increase Their Happiness and That of Their Families by Migrating?
John F. Helliwell, Haifang Huang, Shun Wang, Hugh Shiplett
- Chapter 3: Do International Migrants Increase Their Happiness and That of Their Families by Migrating?
Martijn Hendriks, Martijn J. Burger, Julie Ray, Neli Esipova
- Chapter 4: Rural-Urban Migration and Happiness in China
John Knight, Ramani Gunatilaka
- Chapter 5: Happiness and International Migration in Latin America
Carol Graham, Leo Pasvolsky
- Chapter 6: Happiness in Latin America Has Social Foundations
- Chapter 7: America’s Health Crisis and the Easterlin Paradox
Jeffrey D. Sachs