This framework has been produced using national policy and strategy, advice from the National Digital AHPs steering group, and a series of regional events with AHPs in England.
It is aimed at AHPs, managers of AHP services and leaders of the wider health and social care system at a national, regional and local level, supporting them to:
- Contextualise strategic digital developments for AHPs.
- Engage AHPs in wider digital strategy at a local, regional and national level.
- Use a framework that can be tailored according to local, regional, professional need and clinical focus.
- Identify operational examples and case studies to engage the wider AHP workforce in digital developments.
- Enable AHPs to contribute to the overall system pressures, support new and innovative ways of working.
This framework provides a structured approach that AHPs, AHP leaders and systems leaders can use to start assessing and acting on their current levels of digitisation and achieving the aims above.