This document is a component of the CRC for Low Carbon Living Closing the Loop project. It provides an overview of existing data around building energy performance in Australia to guide the selection of building typologies to be included into the research. This document also outlines key stakeholders in the property sector, and major trends amongst owners and tenants.
The information contained in this summary document is from industry available reports and datasets. Key documents reviewed include:
- Zero Carbon Australia Buildings Plan (Beyond Zero Emissions)
- Baseline Energy Consumption and Greenhouse Gas Emissions In Commercial Buildings in Australia Part 1 - Report. (Pitt & Sherry)
- City of Melbourne Retrofit surveys
- Colliers research
- Mid-tier commercial office buildings in Australia Research (GBCA & EY)
- Building energy efficiency disclosure bill 2010