This plan outlines the focus for the Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council of NSW AH&MRC and is based on the emerging themes and priorities identified by our member services as important to our communities and the Aboriginal community controlled health sector in NSW.
- AH&MRC strives to be inclusive of all peoples and encourages participation from the wider community to enhance cultural knowledge and appreciation, with maintaining respect for Aboriginal culture, heritage and history.
- The AH&MRC works in collaboration with other Aboriginal Health and non-Aboriginal health partners to systematically address the social determinants of health and wellbeing.
- Member services have recommended AH&MRC focus on showcasing successes, identify and develop regionalised approaches to support, and position AH&MRC as the lead agency in NSW supporting the sector and mainstream organisations to improve Aboriginal Health outcomes through policy, planning and strategic consultation
- AH&MRC are committed to building sustainable programs that promote professional development and upskill their Aboriginal workforce.
- AH&MRC is optimally placed to support and promote the ACCHS sector as a repository of information of organisations and programs providing clinically and culturally best practice Aboriginal Health services in NSW.