This report explores how technological change will impact on the future of work. It identifies opportunities to improve the promotion of innovation and good practice across the education system; support better curriculum implementation; remove constraints on students’ ability to pursue relevant learning and career pathways; improve students’ ability to switch in tertiary education; and address digital inclusion for young people. The Commission is not proposing any specific recommendations at this stage, but the final report of this inquiry may do so.
The report suggests that taking the following opportunities for improvement will better prepare young learners for a changing world of work:
- Better promote innovation and good practice across the education system
- Support better curriculum implementation
- Remove barriers (such as University Entrance) that constrain the ability of schools to provide relevant learning and career pathways for students
- Improve students’ ability to change what, how and where they study in tertiary education
- Address digital inclusion for young people