People from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds comprise an increasingly significant proportion of the population living in Australia, and yet their visibility and needs are not adequately reflected in our homelessness service system, our homelessness measures nor our policy contexts. This report was developed to explore and present further research on the CaLD homelessness population.
Recommendations for preventing entry and facilitating exit from homelessness for people from CaLD backgrounds:
- Provide information and awareness for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities
- Case management and individualised approaches
- Advocacy and financial support to access housing
- Equipping the service system to address Culturally and Linguistically Diverse homelessness
- Provision of language services in service delivery