The Ministry has commissioned a brief scan of recent literature on aspects of women’s contribution to unpaid work. The scan focuses on work published since 2010 and covers the following topics:
- the proportion of unpaid work undertaken by women
- the impact of unpaid work on women’s workforce participation
- the relationship between paid parental leave and access to affordable childcare
- availability and uptake of separate paid parental leave for fathers
- unpaid work and the gender pay gap
- assessing the value of unpaid work
- understanding the policy implications of unpaid work.