Central Highlands Water (CHW) and the Pyrenees Shire Council (PSC) have assessed the feasibility of using recycled water from the Beaufort Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) to irrigate multiple community-based recreational assets. The WWTP is located on Racecourse Road, on the north-eastern outskirts of the township. The community grounds are primarily situated along Park Road, to the south of the township. The community grounds that are considered for irrigation in this feasibility study include:
- Beaufort Secondary College and Primary School.
- Apex Beaufort Croquet Club. This new facility is adjacent to the schools.
- The Beaufort Football and Cricket Ground.
- Beaufort Golf Club and Bowling Club.
The purpose of this report is to undertake a high level assessment of the feasibility of a recycled water system supplying Class C water from the Beaufort WWTP to the various sites. This investigation includes the following:
- Initial stakeholder consultation.
- High level concept options review of the recycled water system.
- Transfer pipeline alignment options review.