Key challenges addressed in the panel included:
- How to increase the supply of housing through infill development (e.g. streamlined planning incentives to development etc.).
- How to deliver a range of diverse housing products in infill developments.
- How to deliver affordable and sustainable housing (e.g. through inclusionary zoning).
- How to minimise development costs with direct effects on housing affordability.
- Identifying land supply and ownership issues and addressing how these issues affect the development process.
- Identifying the optimum delivery strategy for infrastructure to support infill development.
The outcome of the project is a list of recommendations designed to increase the supply of appropriate, diverse and affordable housing through infill development.