This report provides information on the impact of oral conditions on people with a chronic condition including asthma, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, stroke, kidney disease, high blood pressure and depression.
The report presents data on:
- the experience of toothache
- feeling uncomfortable with the appearance of teeth, mouth or dentures
- avoiding some foods due to problems with teeth, mouth or dentures
- experience of a broken or chipped natural tooth
- experience of pain in the face, jaw, temple, in front of the ear or in the ear (orofacial pain).
In addition, oral conditions can result in impairment, particularly loss of teeth. Two measures of tooth loss are also reported on here:
- average number of missing teeth
- inadequate dentition (fewer than 21 teeth).