This on-demand webcast (held on 10 September 2014) was hosted by news and current affairs journalist Mike Munro and is just over an hour of expert panellist discussion in relation to Australia’s response to the first ever World Health Organisation (WHO) World Suicide Report. Online viewers were also invited to submit questions throughout the discussion and questions were then posed to panellists followed the facilitated discussion of the paper.
- Indigenous leader, Dr Tom Calma AO
- Professor Helen Christensen, Executive Director, Black Dog Institute and Chair of the NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence in Suicide Prevention
- John Brogden, Chairman, Lifeline Australia
- Dr Michael Dudley, Psychiatrist and Suicide Prevention Australia Board Director
- Associate Professor Jane Burns, CEO Young and Well Cooperative Research Centre
- Graeme Cowan, Motivational speaker and Lived Experience representative
Whether you work in the health sector, or are an interested member of the community, you are all welcome to watch the forum.
This panel discussion was convened by Suicide Prevention Australia on behalf of the National Coalition for Suicide Prevention.
Webcast running time: 82 mins.