The Macedon Ranges Shire Council, in partnership with the Victorian Government, has engaged Village Well and ASPECT Studios to develop a masterplan for the Hanging Rock precinct.
The project offers a unique opportunity to review the range of activities and existing physical context of Hanging Rock. Moreover, the project will set a new masterplan framework to guide decisions into the future around a shared vision and principles.
The intent for the masterplan is to create an enduring place, ensuring that Hanging Rock is an attractive and sustainable place for future generations to enjoy. The objectives for the project include:
• Acknowledge and enhance the environmental, social, historical and economic values
• Engage the key stakeholders and broader community
• Identify planning framework and other strategic directions
• Explore opportunities for financial self-sufficiency
• Articulate precinct vision and values
• Provide the land use direction for activity and built form
The consultation period closes on 17th September 2017.