A joint research project of the Australia Council for the Arts and the Australia Business Arts Foundation (AbaF) this report provides a 2010 update on arts partnerships and the corporate processes behind arts-business relationships.
This qualitative study conducted by Repucom International for the Australia Council and AbaF examines the perceptions and preferences of partnership decision-makers at 36 businesses around Australia. It includes both businesses that currently support the arts and businesses that support other sectors.
The research explores key areas of interest for arts organisations looking to develop smart new relationships and to deepen existing ones as we move into the new decade, including:
- the strategic importance of arts partnerships for the corporate sector
- the corporate sector’s motivations for partnering with the arts
- key influences and decisions that shape strategies associated with arts sponsorships
- decisions and activities that convey some of the best practice lessons learnt
- examples that highlight the benefits of business-arts partnerships for the corporate sector
- the primary reasons for major corporate brands not currently investing in the arts sponsorship industry.