The purpose for a global strategy on digital health is to promote healthy lives and wellbeing for everyone, everywhere, at all ages. The potential of digital health to advance the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and to support health systems in all countries, in health promotion and disease prevention has been widely recognized. To deliver its potential, national or regional digital health initiatives must be guided by a robust strategy that integrates financial, organizational, human and technological resources.
The strategy at a glance
Improve health for everyone, everywhere by accelerating the adoption of appropriate digital health.
- Engage stakeholders on a shared global agenda on Digital Health.
- Build and consolidate global Digital Health capacity that reflects national needs.
- Commit and engage stakeholders to advance digital health in every country.
- Improve measurement, monitoring, research and practice in Digital Health.
Framework for action
- Commit – encourage countries and involve stakeholders to commit to the Digital Health Strategy.
- Catalyse – create an environment and processes that will facilitate and induce collaboration.
- Measure – create processes for the Strategy monitoring and evaluation 4. Increment and Iterate – take a new cycle of actions based on what has been experienced, measured and learned.