Ageing with Choice provides direction over the next five years to improve housing choice and outcomes for older Western Australians.
This strategy recognises that everyone ages differently. Housing needs in older age are driven by changes in health, financial or family circumstances, rather than numerical age.
Led by the Department of Communities and backed by cross-government action, Ageing with Choice identifies seven priorities and directions for reform.
- Age-friendly communities
- Homes that support ageing in place
- Affordable housing innovations and alternatives to home ownership
- Better options for renters
- A more age-responsive social housing system
- Assistance for those experiencing housing crisis
- Informed decision-making