This is the first time a report has investigated the full impact of greenhouse gas emissions from WA Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG). It investigates the domestic pollution generated here in WA from mining and export of LNG (scope 1 emissions), and found just two companies, Chevron and Woodside responsible for the overwhelming majority of runaway pollution that places our Paris commitments in jeopardy.
- WA LNG pollution is breaching the Paris Agreement
- Gas is WA’s biggest polluter, dwarfing all other pollution sources
- Chevron and Woodside are responsible for most of this pollution and there are no effective controls on their operations
- WA LNG pollution cancels out Australia’s national efforts to reduce emissions
- Offsetting LNG pollution in WA would create 4000 jobs
- There is no such thing as clean gas