This document provides a set of recommendations for how the Australian government can help reduce emissions in the built environment. It covers residential, commercial and public buildings.
- Set out a long term vision for net-zero buildings and extend the Trajectory for Low Energy Buildings to 2050.
- Ensure the Climate Solutions Fund drives low-cost abatement and provide targeted financial incentives.
- Deliver a Zero Carbon Ready building code and improve enforcement and compliance.
- Expand the mandate of the Energy Security Board to drive energy productivity across the economy.
- Deliver City Deals that drive cost-effective emissions reductions.
- Empower owners, buyers and renters with a single national rating scheme for home energy performance.
- Make Australia a global leader in high-performance building products.