This plan outlines the action that the Victorian government is taking to encourage investment in our energy sector and to ensure Victorians continue to benefit from a renewable, affordable and reliable energy system into the future.
The Renewable Energy Action Plan invests $146 million across three focus areas:
- Supporting sector growth
- Empowering communities and consumers
- Modernising our energy system
Key initiatives include:
- $48.1 million for renewable energy certificate purchasing, including powering Victoria’s tram fleet. This has also brought forward the development of two new wind farms totalling 100MW and a new 75MW solar farm, resulting in over $350 million of investment and 500 new regional jobs.
- $15.8 million for smart software system, solar and battery storage microgrid initiatives across the state, and
- $25 million to deploy grid-scale battery storage facilities in the west of Victoria by Summer 2018.