This report presents the New Zealand Government’s vision for the labour market and the changes it is implementing to improve employment outcomes.
The Strategy recognises that good employment outcomes are influenced by a range of Government policy settings, and describes how the Government is intending to improve employment outcomes through the range of reforms it has underway to:
- build a skilled workforce
- support industries and regions to thrive
- support workplaces to modernise
- support workers and businesses to be resilient and adaptable in the face of the changing nature of work
- support more inclusive employment
The strategy sets out a roadmap for a series of Action Plans to ensure that those who consistently experience poor labour market outcomes have the support they need develop their skills, and achieve their potential with fulfilling careers.