The Ministry of Health, in partnership with local health districts, specialty health networks and NSW Health pillars has undertaken a state-wide Violence, Abuse and Neglect Service Redesign and Planning Project, to produce the NSW Health Integrated Prevention and Response to Violence, Abuse and Neglect Framework.
The Framework and supporting resources provide guidance on the enhancement, development and implementation of system redesign and integrated service responses to violence, abuse and neglect by NSW Health and partner agencies that aim to promote:
- increased service accessibility and an integrated patient journey
- holistic, collaborative care and enhanced service integration
- equitable and comprehensive responses across NSW, particularly addressing context-specific needs for vulnerable clients and families
- increased staff confidence and capacity in responding to victims of interpersonal violence and
- increased capacity for local health districts and specialty health networks to meet NSW Health Violence, Abuse and Neglect service standards, policies and role delineation and the expectation of partner agencies.