In this interim report, the authors present a set of strategic recommendations for systemic changes that are fundamental to ensure the sustainability of New Zealand's tourism economy.
- Industry standards – Legislate a tourism business standards framework
- Supply management – Create a government-led supply management system
- Enriching nature – Commit to and invest in the visitor industry being authentically 100% Pure
- Protection and accessibility – Modernise the Conservation Act
- Integrated destination management planning – Require destination management plans to be integrated into local planning processes and aligned with a national visitor planning framework
- Connection – Integrate the history and principles of Te Ao Māori into all visitor economy-related government departments