EPA’s draft Regulatory strategy 2020-2025 sets out our vision for the delivery of the organisation's regulatory functions and activities. Informed and directed by the EPA’s organisational strategy Our environment, Our health, this draft strategy explains how the EPA will successfully tackle current strategic challenges and in doing so, sets the direction and intent of their regulatory effort.
The EPA has identified priority areas to focus its regulatory effort over the first five years of a new legislative framework. These priorities include:
- Creating an environmental protection culture
- Embedding duties of environmental protection
- Targeting deliberate and criminal non-compliance
- Strengthening the preventative control framework
- Equipping and working with partners
- Enhancing the EPA's capability.