This Action Plan is a blueprint for communities, the education sector and the Government to transform outcomes for Pacific learners and families. It was built from the voices of Pacific communities and recognises the five key shifts communities want to see in education so that diverse Pacific learners and their families are safe, valued and equipped to achieve their education aspirations.
These five shifts are:
- Working reciprocally with diverse Pacific communities to respond to unmet needs, with an initial focus on needs arising from the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Confronting systematic racism and discrimination in education;
- Enabling every teacher, leader, and education professional to take coordinated action to become culturally competent with diverse Pacific learners;
- Partnering with families to design education opportunities together with teachers, leaders and educational professionals so aspirations for learning and employment can be met; and
- Growing, retaining, and valuing highly competent teachers, leaders and educational professionals of diverse Pacific heritages.