This survey reveals the increasing reliance consumers have on digital technologies, products and services. This report refreshes CPRC research findings from 2018 – and also expands the research scope to cover recent developments in data technology, collection, sharing and use.
Key findings include:
- High use of, and reliance upon, data-driven products and services
- Most Australian consumers do not feel comfortable about how their personal information is handled
- Privacy Policies do not aid informed choices and do not provide consumers with genuine choice or control
- Australian consumers believe that government has an important responsibility to ensure that consumers are protected
- Urgent reforms to laws are required to protect consumers’ privacy and ensure their data is used safely and fairly