This report describes a dynamic ‘Co-creative Media System’ that is emerging in the social space bounded by the following institutional pillars:
- major cultural institutions (including screen culture agencies, libraries, museums, galleries and public service broadcasters)
- the Community Arts and Cultural Development sector (historically supported through various programs of the Australia Council for the Arts)
- the community broadcasting sector
- the Indigenous media sector, and
- the higher education sector.
It illustrates how this system activates the immense creative potential of the Australian population through the ongoing development and application of participatory storytelling methods and media.